Your Privacy Matters
We at Pergatit believe that your personal data is an asset that you should have ownership and control over. We see Pergatit as a tool that enables you to obtain personal data to be used for your own personal benefit.
It is this belief that drives our number one priority, your trust. Your privacy is essential to earning and keeping that trust. This principle drives all of the decisions we make, as well as how we gather, use and store any information we acquire directly from you or on behalf of you.
- How we collect and delete information
- What we do with the information we collect
- Transferring your information
- Choices you can make about your info
- Accessing and correcting information
- Security of personal information
- Policy on children’s information
- International users
- Rights for those in California
- Your consent
- How to contact us
1. How we collect information
We may ask you to provide information when you register, subscribe, or create an account for our Service, link your Pergatit account to a retail loyalty card or loyalty program, contact Pergatit for customer service purposes, or otherwise interact with or use the Service. We may collect certain types of information, including information that can be used to identify you, such as your name and email address. We may collect the following types of information:
When you give it to us or give us permission to obtain it:
- Registration and Contact Information when you register for the Service. This information allows us to communicate with you, such as your name, email address, password, social media user account names, telephone number, or other address at which you receive communications from or on behalf of Pergatit.
- Loyalty Account Information, meaning the usernames, passwords, and loyalty card numbers for the loyalty accounts you choose to link to the Service, and the historical and future transaction information associated with those accounts, such as the items you purchase, the stores you purchase them from, and when. We collect this information only if you choose to connect your Pergatit account to your loyalty program accounts and this information is used to power key features available to you within the Service such as tracking expirations of the products you buy and showing recipes you can cook with those products.
- Purchase Information about the items you purchase, such as item descriptions and quantities, time of purchase, total purchase cost, and the store you purchased the items from. We collect this information only if you choose to connect your Pergatit account to your loyalty program accounts and this information is used to power key features available to you within the Service such as showing how much you paid for a product in the past.
We also get technical information when you use Pergatit
- Search Information, meaning the terms or keywords you search for when using the Service, both online and on the Pergatit mobile application.
- Shopping List Information about the items and terms you search for and/or place on your Shopping List when using the Service, as well as what items you check off of your Shopping List when using the Service.
- Transaction Information such as the brands, products and stores you prefer; and how you interact with Pergatit’s merchants, business partners, and service providers.
- Location Information including state or zip code, as well as precise location data and associated time of day, if you have activated our Service on a mobile device and permitted your mobile device to transmit location data. This information is used to locate which grocery stores are available near you for price comparison on the Service. Please see the Your Choices section under the heading “mobile” for more information on how to opt-out of our Location Information-based features.
- Mobile Device Information. We collect certain information about your mobile device when you use our Service, including device identifier (such as the Android Advertising ID and the Apple iOS IDFA), user settings, the make, model, and operating system of your device, and information about your use of our Service while using the device, such as your use of features, functions, or clicks on notifications or content.
- Communications and other Interactions. We collect any information you provide with your interactions with other users on the Service. For example, we collect the list of accounts that you follow using the follow feature. Please be aware that this list will be accessible to other users and we are not responsible for the manner in which other users use or disclose that information.
- Information from Cookies and Similar Technologies. When you use our Service, we and our partners may collect certain information using cookies and similar technologies, such as pixel tags, web beacons, browser analysis tools, and web server logs. Cookies are small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser/app. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser/app and may be used by your browser/app on subsequent visits to the Service. Pixel tags and web beacons are tiny graphic images placed on website pages or in our emails that allow us to determine whether you have performed specific actions. When you access these pages or open email messages, the pixel tags and web beacons generate a notice of that action to us, or our service providers. These tools allow us to measure response to our communications and improve our web pages and promotions.
We collect many different types of information from cookies and other technologies. For example, we may collect and record information from the devices you use to access our Service, such as your IP address, operating system type or mobile device model, mobile device identifiers, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone of your device. We may also collect information about the website you were visiting before you came to our Service.
Please review your web browser’s “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. However, please be aware that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies from our Service, you may not be able to utilize the features of our Service to their fullest potential. Finally, please scroll down to the Your Choices section below, under the heading “cookies,” for more information about your cookie-related privacy options.
- Referral Information. Pergatit may manage a referral program that allows you to earn credit for premium services in exchange for referring other users. By participating, you may provide us with certain information about the person to whom you refer our service, such as name and email address. We treat this information like all our other Personal Information.
Our partners share information with us:
- Information from Third Parties. We may receive information about you from third parties and combine it with information we have about you.
If you use a social media platform, a mobile device or other third-party method of communication to interact with Pergatit or the Service, that platform may have a specific privacy statement that governs the use of information related to that platform. If you have questions about the security and privacy settings of your mobile device, please refer to instructions from your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
Info for Employees:
- Employee Information from current, prospective and former Employees, their designated contact in case of a medical emergency, and beneficiaries under any insurance policy (“Employee Personal Information”). The Employee Personal Information we collect may include title, name, address, phone number, email address, date of birth, passport number, driver’s license number, social security number, financial information related to credit checks, bank details for payroll, information that may be recorded on a CV or application form, contact information in case of an emergency, and beneficiaries under any insurance policy. Additionally, we may collect sensitive Employee Personal Information, such as details of health and disability, including mental health, medical leave, and parental leave.
2. What we do with the info we collect
Pergatit uses the information we collect from and about you in many ways to help you cook and shop. We may also use your personal information a number of ways, including research, internal analysis, and analytics.
Pergatit and our partners use information to:
- Operate and improve our Service, including web hosting;
- Send emails on our behalf;
- Have third parties process payments;
- Analyze and understand how you use our Service;
- Perform aggregated analytics that may be used for Pergatit’s and any third parties’ marketing, advertising, and data enrichment activities;
- Provide customer support to users;
- Fulfill requests for Pergatit services, including validation by invisible CAPTCHA;
- Communicate and provide additional information which may be of interest to you about Pergatit and our merchants and business partners, such as Pergatit news, special offers, announcements, and marketing materials;
- Send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages service bulletins, or marketing;
- Provide advertisements and marketing solicitations to you through the Service, email messages, text messages, push notifications, applications, or other methods of communication;
- Administer surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored by us or our partners;
Employee Personal Information
We acquire, hold, use and process Employee Personal Information for a variety of business purposes including but not limited to:
- Human Resources administration and communication
- Payroll and the provision of benefits; compensation, including bonuses and long term incentive administration, stock plan administration, compensation analysis, including monitoring overtime and compliance with labor laws, and company recognition programs
- Workflow management, assigning, managing and administering projects;
- Performance and employee development management;
- Organizational development and succession planning;
- Emergency contacts and services;
- Processing of employee expenses and travel charges;
- Monitoring compliance with regulatory requirements.
If an employee is also a User, the provisions hereunder related to Users will apply to such information in those circumstances.
3. Transferring your information
Service Providers. We may share information with our service providers that provide services for us to assist us in carrying out the purposes described in Section 2 above.
Third Parties. Pergatit may share information with third parties and service providers, but other than hashed information, device identifiers, or location information (in each case pseudonymized), we do not disclose your contact information or other personally identifiable information (PII). We share such information with third parties to assist us in carrying out the purposes described in Section 2 above.
Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers. We may share your information to effect a merger, acquisition, or otherwise, and to support the sale or transfer of business assets. If Pergatit is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or prominent notice on the Service of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information.
As Required by Law and Similar Disclosures. We may also disclose Personal Information to defend ourselves in litigation or a regulatory action; when required or advised to do so by law, such as in response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate; to enforce our rights or protect our property; to protect the rights, property or safety of others, investigate fraud, respond to a government request; or as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions.
Analytics. We also use third party services, such as Google Analytics, to help us understand how visitors interact with our website and to help improve our user experience. Google provides additional privacy options regarding cookie use described at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
Aggregate Data. Cooklist may also disclose information about you that is not personally identifiable. For example, we may provide our merchants, business partners, or other third parties with reports that contain aggregated data, statistical data, and/or anonymized data.
Consent. We may also share your information with your consent.
4. Choices you can make about your info
We think that you benefit from a more personalized experience when we know more about you and the kinds of recipes, stores and products you like. However, you can limit the information you provide to Pergatit, and you can limit the communications that Pergatit sends to you.
Email. You can manage your email preferences by logging into Pergatit’s mobile application and going to the Notifications section under Settings. You may also manage your email preferences by clicking “unsubscribe” on any email communication we send you. You may choose to subscribe to some types of messages, and may choose to unsubscribe from others.
Cookies. You may manage how your browser handles cookies and related technologies by adjusting its privacy and security settings. Please note that if you disable cookies, you may be unable to access some customized features of our Service. You can opt-out of being targeted by certain third party advertising companies online at www.networkadvertising.org/consumer/opt_out.asp and http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
Mobile. Some of the features of the Service may enable Pergatit to access and collect information about your current or past location in order to personalize the Service for you and provide other features of the Service (“Location-based Features”) such as locating which grocery stores are available near you for price comparison on the Service. In order to use Location-based Features, you must give Pergatit permission to use your geo-location through your device. Pergatit may access your geo-location using a variety of means, including GPS, IP address, or cell tower location. You may opt-out of using Location-Based Features by adjusting the settings on your mobile device to prevent the sharing of precise Location Information. You may also manage how your mobile device or mobile browser handles cookies and related technologies by adjusting your mobile device privacy and security settings. If you choose not to allow Pergatit to use your location information you will not be able to utilize certain features of the Service.
Connecting through Social Networks. You may be able manage what social networks share with Pergatit when you register with us through a social media platform or application, such as through Facebook. Please refer to the privacy settings of the social media platform or application to determine how you may adjust our permissions and manage the interactivity between Pergatit and your social media account.
Opt Out from Cross-App and Cross-Site Interest-Based Advertising. Pergatit may work with advertising partners that are members of the Networking Advertising Initiative or the Digital Advertising Alliance. Please visit these organizations’ opt-out pages to learn about how you may opt out of receiving web-based personalized ads from member companies. You can access any settings offered by your mobile operating system to limit ad tracking or install the DAA’s AppChoices app to learn more about how you may opt out of receiving personalized ads in mobile apps.
5. Accessing and correcting information
Keeping your information helps ensure that we provide you with the best experience using the Service.
You may update or correct your profile information and preferences at any time by accessing your Settings through the Service.
If you want to close your account or have other questions or requests, or if you would like to access or request a correction to any other information we hold about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that while your changes are reflected promptly in active user databases, we may retain all information you submit for as long as needed to fulfill a legitimate business need or as required by law, including for backups and archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, compliance with legal obligations, dispute resolution, enforcing our agreements, and analytics.
6. Security of personal information
We use certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards that are designed to improve the integrity and security of your Personal Information.
7. Policy on children’s information
8. International users
The Service is hosted in the United States and is intended for visitors located within the United States. If you choose to use the Service from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personally identifiable information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing, and by providing your personally identifiable information on the Service you consent to that transfer, storage, and processing.
9. Rights for those in California
If you reside in California and have provided your information to us, you may request information once per calendar year about our disclosures of certain categories of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to us in writing at email@example.com., or write to us at the address provided in section 12 below, with “Request for California Privacy Information” in the subject line and body of your message.
We may make changes to this policy from time to time and if we do, we’ll post any changes on this page. If we materially change the ways in which we use or share personal information previously collected from you through the Service, we will notify you through the Service, by email, or other communication.
11. Your consent
Where the legal basis for us processing your personal data is that you have provided your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time. You will not suffer any detriment for withdrawing your consent. If you withdraw your consent, this will not make processing which we undertook before you withdrew your consent unlawful.
You can withdraw your consent by contacting Pergatit as data controller, whose details are provided in section 11.2 and 12.
11.1 Facebook Data Deletion Request
You can request any time to delete data that we may have obtained when you logged into our app through the Facebook login button on the bottom of our website. To do so, go to https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=applications&ref=settings, locate pergatit.com and click on Remove. After you have removed it, go to Removed Apps and Websites and locate pergatit.com. To request that the app delete all the information it has from when your connections were active, click on “Send”. Once the data has been deleted, you will be able to click on the confirmation link to view the status of it.
12. How to contact us
20-22 Wenlock Road